PLANTAR FASCIITIS: MANAGING YOUR FOOT PAIN
Plantar fasciitis is the inflammation of a thick band of tissue that runs along the base of the foot. The ligament helps to support the foot arch as well as walking mechanics. The plantar fascia can get inflamed, swollen and irritated which can lead to very painful foot pain. This medical condition is caused by repetitive strain to the plantar fascia ligament.
Plantar fasciitis is typically present in certain populations such as:
- Individuals with prolonged standing, walking or running
- Middle-aged individuals and Athletes
- Overweight individuals
- Individuals with poorly fitted shoes
- Muscular imbalances such as increased tension, decreased activation
- Biomechanical dysfunction such as overpronating foot and improper gait mechanics
Treatment of plantar fasciitis includes specifically designed stretching, strengthening and mobility exercises. Devices such as custom made orthotics, orthopedic shoes and correctly fitted shoes can aid in providing pain relief, correcting posture and ensure correct foot mechanics.
At Ultima Wellness Centre, our professionals are highly trained to treat plantar fasciitis. We use advanced GaitScan technology, 3D foam impressions and work only with certified laboratories to make the best quality custom orthotics for our patients.