One of the largest primary care professions in Ontario, chiropractic is an evidence-informed, non-invasive, hands-on health care discipline that focuses on the musculoskeletal system. Chiropractors practice primarily using their hands, providing diagnosis, treatment and preventive care for disorders related to the spine, pelvis, nervous system and joints.
Chiropractic is a form of therapy which is more concerned about the alignment of the body and its nervous system. Chiropractors, also known as “Doctors of Chiropractic” are specialized in management of neuromusculoskeletal system with no use of medicine or surgery.
After taking a history, performing an examination and establishing a diagnosis, a chiropractor can develop and carry out a comprehensive treatment/management plan. At Ultima Wellness Centre, our chiropractors will create a personalized treatment plan for each patient, based on their needs.
Some of the follow techniques and modalities may be used as part of the treatment plan:
- Interferential Current (Electro stimulation therapy)
- Ultrasound therapy
- Laser therapy
- Shockwave therapy
- Traction therapy
- Soft Tissue Therapy
- Joint mobilization and manipulations
- Neuro-proprioceptive taping (Kinesiotaping) & athletic taping
- Stretching & strengthening
- Assessment and fitting of orthopedic products (orthotics, orthopedic shoes, compression stockings, braces)
- Computerized Adjustment (ProAdjuster)
- Nutrition advice
One of the most common therapies a chiropractor uses is spinal manipulative therapy (SMT), which can comprise a variety of adjustment techniques. Specific training in SMT allows chiropractors to provide highly-skilled and precise adjustments to the vertebrae of the spine, correcting joint motion to restore proper movement and improve function.
There many reasons to seek chiropractic care:
- Back pain
- Neck pain
- Strains and sprains
- Repetitive strain injury (RSI)
- Work and sports injuries
- Limited range of motion in the back, shoulder, neck or limbs
- Scoliosis Tests (Children & Adults)
Contact Ultima Wellness Centre to see how chiropractic treatments can help correct your body’s alignment!